Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gyeongbokgung, King Sejong, and Free Hugs


     You can look up "Gyeongbokgung" on the internet for more information.   



























Above, that's a statue of the king who invented Hangul, Korea's writing system.  He invented other things too.  Underneath the statue is a museum featuring his inventions.






     I had seen "Free Hugs" feature on Youtube.  When I saw this in Insadong I was happy to participate.  I hope she didn't feel too creepy about this.



     I can't remember what that stringy candy is called, but at several stands in Insadong, guys dressed like this guy make them by stretching strings (of taffy I think), twist, fold, stretch, twist fold, stretch until they've made thousands of stings.  Anyway, this guy saw me carrying what was left of a pizza I had ordered at a restaurant, and he offered a trade -- some candy for the pizza.  I accepted. 

     Boy was that candy sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment